This webtrees custom module hooks into an extended 'Facts and Events' tab, enhancing events with GOV (historic gazetteer) data.
- Historic and current GOV data is loaded, cached internally, and displayed for individual events. Map links (to OpenStreetMaps etc) based on geodata obtained from the GOV server are also shown.
- GOV ids have to be entered manually, once per place name. Alternatively, ids for specific events may be set via a custom _GOV tag under the respective PLAC tag.
Access a demo of the module here. Feel free to experiment with setting/resetting GOV Ids.
- Current version: 126.96.36.199
- For users of earlier versions: Note that the setup has changed - There are additional dependencies to configure! Let me know if there are any problems with the hooks concept.
- Tested with webtrees 1.7.9, may also work with older 1.7.x versions.
- Download the zipped module, including all required dependencies, here.
- Unzip the files and copy them to the modules_v3 folder of your webtrees installation. All required modules are included in the zip file. It's safe to overwrite the respective directories if they already exist (they are bundled with other custom modules as well).
- Enable the extended 'Facts and Events' module via Control Panel -> Modules -> Module Administration -> Facts and Events.
- Enable the main module via Control Panel -> Modules -> Module Administration -> Gov4Webtrees. After that, you may configure some options.
- Enable the Hooks module via Control Panel -> Modules -> Module Administration -> Hooks. Make sure all hooks are selected.
- Configure the visibility of the old and the extended 'Facts and Events' tab via Control Panel -> Modules -> Tabs (they both appear as 'Facts and Events' here - usually, you'll want to use only one of them. You may just disable the old 'Facts and Events' module altogether).